Come to Caritas, Alabama for a momentous event
and be in the presence of five apparitions of
the Holy Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace
when She appears to Medjugorje visionary Marija.
Consecrate yourself, your family and entrust all to Our Lady.
These five days will culminate in the consecration of
the Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages,
and its work through you and the Community of Caritas,
to help transmit Our Lady’s messages to the whole world.
The preparation for these five days at Caritas will be based in the following message:
October 25, 2000
This message, which was randomly picked during our morning prayer of December 16, after asking for the theme Our Lady would want for the Five Days to be based on. We were in wonder of how direct Our Lady was in telling us this theme of what Her desires were. Our Lady mentioned “fasting,” “renew,” “prayer,” “Jubilee,” (25th), and “new time.”
The March 19-23, 2011, apparitions falls in Caritas of Birmingham’s “Silver Jubilee” year, as it was birthed in 1986.1 Therefore, join thousands who will come to be in Our Lady’s presence—except, this time of Our Lady’s visitation, the thousands will prepare to be in Her presence in a new way for a new time to renew prayer with a fast, for the springtime of the spirit renewing the Church and renewing all the earth. All in the year of Jubilee. Join thousands of others who will come in preparation by:
1. Beginning a powerful 54-day Rosary Novena, beginning January 23, 2011, and ending March 17, 2011, two days before Marija comes. (The Rosary Novena booklet will be available Tuesday December 21)
2. A 9-day bread and water fast beginning on Ash Wednesday, March 9, and ending the same day as the 54-day Rosary Novena, March 17, 2011, two days before Marija comes.
3. All the thousands who will participate in this powerful preparation, their prayers and sacrifices will be presented to Our Lady directly during the apparitions for Her intentions. She spoke in the randomly picked message of October 25, 2000:
4. During the five days, wherever on the grounds, everyone will kneel and pray three Hail Mary’s on the hour in a daily 9-hour novena for Our Lady’s intentions and their own personal intentions.
5. Throughout the 54-day Rosary Novena going on during Lent, many extra sacrifices should be offered.
Reflect. Thousands praying a 54-day Rosary Novena (You can download on mej.com or see order form.)
Contemplate. Thousands fasting for 9 days on bread and water
Recollect. Thousands praying 9-hour novenas for Our Lady’s intentions
Meditate. Thousands offering renunciations and sacrifices through the 54-days of preparation to change our hearts, receive graces, offer petitions, and the consecration of the Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages as a tool to transmit Our Lady’s messages to the world.
All these actions of the heart are for the purpose of giving Our Lady all that She needs during these five days to grant those attending Her greatest desires and hopes for each of us. It is our hope that Our Lady can repeat to us the words from Her message during the Five Days, March 19-23, 2011:
A gift of a new time as springtime, a new and the final evangelization of the world. Our Lady’s visit during Lent, in spring, Resurrection time! Is it possible to comprehend the opportunity being given to us? To fast, to pray, to sacrifice is a privilege and to end it with the joy of the Queen of Heaven, in Her 156th visit here! And the first during Lent!
Let’s consider our circumstances…
The United States is very sick, as well as the whole world. The consecration of the United States July 1-5, 2008 and July 1-5, 2009 fostered large numbers of fruitful conversions in the Bedroom of Apparitions and the Field of Apparitions at Caritas. This is medicine for the nation and thereby, for the whole world, because as goes America, so goes the world. John Paul II said, in regards to Our Lady about America:
“She, whose intercession was responsible for strengthening the faith of the first disciples, will by Her intercession guide the Church in America, obtaining the outpouring of the Holy Spirit as She once did for the early Church, so that the New Evangelization may yield a splendid flowering of Christian life.” America “is called to extend their missionary efforts beyond the bounds of the continent. They cannot keep for themselves the immense riches of their Christian heritage. They must take their heritage to the whole world and share it with those who do not yet know it.” 1
The work through Caritas, from the Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages, is just such, for the purpose of transmitting Our Lady’s messages, evangelizing them to the whole world. Our Lady said:
February 25, 1995
Your coming to Caritas, Alabama is part of another step of world history. To be in the presence of the Queen of Peace, March 19–23, 2011, when She appears to Marija Lunetti, visionary of Medjugorje, one must be with a heart that is open. You will receive graces, blessings and the healing of your hearts. Come to consecrate the Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages with Our Lady which has for two years been undergoing a complete retooling in anticipation of the Great Moment for the New and Final Evangelization of the world. We are still in the process of trying to finish the retooling in order to “be ready” for when Our Lady can profoundly put it to use. Our Lady said:
April 2, 2010
Be ready for what? Our Lady said:
June 25, 2007
For those of you who come with your children, March 19-23, your children will one day tell your grandchildren, “I was there.” We live in a moment of man’s history, unique and like no other. Even if you must rearrange your schedule for March 19-23, do not let anything keep you from coming to be in Our Lady’s presence. Your children’s schooling, work, other obligations, etc., are not comparable to being in Our Lady’s presence. Let no obstacle block you. Make a decision that will not only change your life, but help change the world. You are called and chosen individually, to be a part of the preparation for a second Pentecost that will take place sometime in the future. Our Lady said on January 25, 1987:
Use you for what? Our Lady continues:
But you think, who am I? I can do very little. Our Lady continues:
Has God really chosen me for a great role? To use me in a great plan for the salvation of mankind? How am I suppose to know what role God has chosen me for? Our Lady continues in the same message of January 25, 1987:
Our Lady will be here “with you,” March 19-23, not only to help you learn and know your role in God’s design, but to help you to fulfill it. Our Lady continues in the same message:
Quake, o’ man, because of what opportunities God grants to you. Our Lady says:
May 16, 1987
You are chosen, individually. You have a great role, a part in a great plan. God gives you an opportunity, indeed, a privilege. You must plan, open your hearts and seize the opportunity to be lavished in the grace of these five glorious days, March 19-23, and pray that Our Lady will awake in you God’s design for you, for the salvation of the world. The consecration of the expanded Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages and the equipment installed to retool it is for you to use as your tool, to transmit the messages to the whole world. The Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages will produce every type of material and spiritual project support to evangelize Our Lady’s plans. You are the apostles who are the evangelizers. That is the purpose of the new Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages, to equip you with the messages of Our Lady for the world’s conversion. Our Lady says:
August 25, 1992
Medjugorje comes to you!! Medjugorje visionary Marija has said Caritas is like Medjugorje in its beginning days. The Five Days of Prayer will give you a picture of Medjugorje’s beginning days. Simple, holy, profound, where one falls into conversion. Those who longed for and who could never afford to go to Medjugorje can have the grace now. This is a very exciting time for those who wish to be in the work of spreading conversion to the world! Yet, we are not finished with the retooling. Caritas of Birmingham’s Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages, operated by the Community of Caritas, is not, at this point, finished and the retooling is still in need of funds. So, we have a lot of work still yet to achieve. We ask for your prayers and Masses to be offered for its successful completion, especially that we can meet the dates of March 19–23. We have yet a lot to accomplish.
Testimonies from July 2009, the last time Our Lady was with us for five days of prayer, are similar for the thousands who attended.
“Thank you so much for the awesome week once again! The Bedroom is like Heaven on earth! Many want to go with me next year—hope Mary comes in July again!”
B.P., Coppell, Texas
July 8, 2009
“I have just spent the best week of my life. Your community’s five days of prayer for our nation from July 1-5 was by far the most moving, faith building experience I have ever had.”
P.P., Orange, Texas
July 5, 2009
“I cannot help but thank you for the profound shift I feel in my whole being. Words cannot express the profound peace I feel and the opening to God present in my heart. It was very difficult to leave today, wanting, as my heart did to stay and savor the delicacy and love of the experience here. I cherish the years of day-to-day preparation and love and prayers that have gone into making this event even possible. I feel as if a whole new world has opened up for me. Thank you for bringing Mary into our hearts through your love and your extended hands.”
L.D., Nashville, Tennessee
It can be no coincidence that the opening of the new expansion and re-equipping* of the Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages fell in Caritas’ 25th year anniversary, our Silver Jubilee. Many signs accompany this Silver Jubilee, such as the introduction of the Miraculous Medal Medjugorje ‘Silver’ Round through the book, It Ain’t Gonna Happen. We are in joy at the opportunity to profoundly give to Our Lady the Tabernacle of Our Lady’s Messages, Caritas, and its work, with and through you, to help in the conversion of the world. To help Our Lady, to be with Our Lady, to be in the actual work of Our Lady in preparation for the coming of the Great New and Final Evangelization is incomprehensible in the grace and privilege afforded to both you and us as Her followers. What does it mean to be a part of this Great New and Final Evangelization?
The Great Evangelization
“The foundation for this spiritual revival is already being formed through the fire of tribulation for the Second Great Full and Final Evangelization of the world. Final because, led by Our Lady, it will be complete, a “full” Evangelization capable of enduring until the end of the world. Who will be its apostles? Those who withstand the trial; those who will lay their job on the line; those who will do small and great acts of charity, despite possible negative results; those who are willing to live martyrdom when death would be a relief, but live on day in and day out; cross-bearers voluntarily, when it would be easier to lay the cross down. Men, in this glorious time, this season of holiness, this time of joy, are beginning to recognize, who they are and Who is calling them for the second most glorious time in the history of the world.” 2
Spread this news everywhere. Many have come to Our Lady’s apparitions here at Caritas simply by finding a brochure at the back of a church, in an Adoration chapel, at a grocery store counter, or mailed to each person from your parish directory, etc. One look at a brochure and many make an immediate decision. “Be ready.” Be active in spreading news about the five apparitions, March 19-23. To order, free, as many brochures as you want, paying only the shipping cost, see the yellow order form below.
Remember—mark your calendars. Join the Community of Caritas and thousands of others who will prepare for Our Lady’s coming.
On January 23, 2011 begin the 54-day Rosary novena. (Will be available Tuesday December 21, 2010)
On Ash Wednesday, March 9, 2011, begin 9-day bread and water fast.
Both the 54-day Rosary novena and the 9-day fast will end on March 17, 2011, two days before Marija arrives and Our Lady’s apparitions.
In Preparation and in the Hope of All You Coming and Giving Your Prayers and Fasting Directly to Our Lady,
Our Lady’s return to the Bedroom and Field this coming March 19-23, 2011, will generate a great deal of excitement around the country. We encourage you to book your hotel rooms for the March 19–23, 2011 apparitions (book for March 18th to the 24th or later because 5 days are full days on the grounds) as soon as possible. Many hotels will fill all their rooms. We are expecting large numbers to attend, as always when Our Lady comes, which makes tighter availability for pilgrims desiring to attend the apparitions to find rooms. Even if you are not sure you can come, make reservations. You can always cancel. So, don’t delay in making your arrangements. For more information call Caritas of Birmingham 205-672-2000.
Based on location, traffic, and proximity to Caritas, hotels 1-16 listed below on Hwy 280 are suggested FIRST CHOICE hotels. They are arranged from those closest to those farthest from Caritas.
**Rates subject to change without notice.*
Closest Hotel: Hampton Inn and Suites, approx. 10 miles, $99.00 Standard, King or 2 Queen Rooms, 205-981-0024
1. Oak Mountain Lodge, approx. 11 miles, $39.95/Night or $189.95/Weekly, 2 Twin or 1 Full, 205-991-0100, www.oakmountainlodge.com
2. Homewood Suites by Hilton, approx. 13 miles, - A favorite by the pilgrims
$99.00/night, 205-995-9823, www.homewoodsuites.com
3. Residence Inn, approx. 13 miles, $109.00 Studio/Night, 205-991-8686, www.residenceinn.com
4. Candlewood Suites, approx. 13 miles, with kitchens $59.95/Night 205-991-0272, www.candlewoodsuites.com
5. Wingate Inn, approx. 13 miles, $59.00/Night
6. Fairfield Inn, approx. 14 miles, $75.00/night
7. Days Inn Mountain Brook, approx. 14 miles, $79.00/night, Continental breakfast provided, 205-991-9977,
8. Hyatt Place Inverness, approx. 14 miles, $94.00/Night,
9. Studio Plus, approx. 14 miles, 205-408-0107, Queen $49.99/Night, www.extendedstay.com
10. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Birmingham, approx. 14 miles, $94.00/night 205-776-6370,
11. Comfort Inn and Suites Colonnade, approx. 15 miles,
$90.00/night, 205-968-3700, www.choicehotels.com
12. Courtyard by Marriott Colonnade, approx. 15 miles, $96.00/Night, 205-967-4466, www.courtyard.com
13. Hampton Inn Mountain Brook, approx. 20 miles, $94.00/night, 205-870-7822, www.birminghammountainbrook.hamptoninn.com
14. Courtyard by Marriott Homewood, approx. 19 miles, $109.00/night, 205-991-8686, www.marriott.com
15. Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast, approx. 15 miles,
205-967-2450, $79.95/night, www.druryhotels.com
16. Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park Hwy 280/I-459, approx. 15 miles, $114.00/night, 205-967-2700 www.birminghamperimeterpark.hilton.com
17. La Quinta Inn – Hwy 280, approx. 15 miles, 205-995-9990
Based on location, traffic, and proximity to Caritas, hotels 18–35 should be considered SECOND CHOICE hotels:
18. Fairfield Inn and Suites – Pelham, approx. 20 miles,
$89.00/Night, 205-987-9879, www.fairfieldinn.com
19. Best Western at Oak Mountain, approx. 18 miles, refrig. & micro. in rooms, 205-982-1113, www.bestwestern.com
20. Hilton Garden Inn Liberty Park, approx 20 miles, 205-314-0281
21. Days Inn South, approx. 22 miles, $52.00/Night,
22. Days Inn Galleria, approx. 22 miles, $65.00/night, 205-985-7500, www.daysinn.com
23. Quality Inn Vestavia, approx. 22 miles, $60.00/night 205-823-4300.
24. Baymont Inn & Suites Birmingham/Vestavia, approx. 22 miles, $55.00/night, 205-822-2224, www.baymontinns.com
25. Travelodge, approx. 26 miles, $49.00/Night, 205-987-2233, www.travelodge.com
26. Howard Johnson Homewood, approx. 26 miles, Single/Double Occupancy, Continental breakfast, 205-942-0919
27. LaQuinta Inn & Suites Birmingham/Homewood, approx.
26 miles, 205-290-0150, www.lq.com
28. Quality Inn Homewood, approx. 26 miles, $59.49/night,
29. Comfort Inn Homewood, approx 26, $69.00/Night, 205-916-0464
30. Residence Inn Homewood, approx. 26 miles, $109.00/night, 205-991-8686, www.mariott.com
31. Microtel Hotel Homewood, approx. 27 miles, $39.95/night,
32. Roadway Inn & Suites – Homewood, approx. 27 miles, $69.99/night, 205-942-2041
33. Homewood Lodge, approx. 28 miles, $49.99/night, 205-942-1263.
34. StudioPLUS Wildwood, approx. 26 miles, 205-290-0102, www.extendedstays.com
Based on location, traffic, and proximity to Caritas, hotels
35–42 should be considered THIRD CHOICE hotels:
35. Econolodge, approx. 27 Miles, located off Hwy 65 Exit 256-A, 800-228-5150, $52.95/night, 205-941-0990, www.choicehotels.com
36. America’s Best Value Inn – East, approx. 29 miles, $38.00/night, 205-956-3650, www.americasbestvalueinn.com
37. America’s Best Value Inn – Leeds, approx. 17 miles, $59.99/night, 205-702-2700, www.americasbestvalueinn.com
38. Double Tree Hotel, approx. 22 Miles, Downtown Birmingham, Double room, $109.00/night, 205-933-9000
39. Quality Inn Irondale, approx. 24 miles, $69.99/night,
40. Rime Garden Inn & Suites, approx. 25 Miles, Located off I-20 in Irondale, $79.00/night, 205-951-1200, 888-828-1768 www.rimehotel.com
41. Americas Best Value Inn – Irondale, approx. 25 miles, 205-956-3650, www.americasbestvalueinn.com
Based on location, traffic, and proximity to Caritas, hotels
42–50 should be considered FOURTH CHOICE hotels:
42. Hampton Inn & Suites – Hoover approx. 23 miles,
43. Fairfield Inn in Fultondale, Alabama, approx. 24 miles,
$89.00/Night, 205-849-8484 www.marriot.com/bhmbf
44. Best Western Carlton Suites Hotel, approx. 26 miles, starting at $95.00/night, 205-940-9990, www.bestwesternbirmingham.com
45. Courtyard by Marriott Hoover, approx. 23 miles, $89.00/night, 205-988-5000, www.marriott.com
46. Drury Inn & Suites Southwest, approx. 26 miles, $89.95/night, 205-940-9500, www.druryhotels.com
47. Park Inn Birmingham, approx. 30 miles, 205-951-0700
48. Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites – Birmingham East, approx. 25 miles, $75.00/night, 205-957-0555
49. America’s Best Inn & Suites–Airport, approx. 27 miles, near airport $50.00/night 205-592-6110. www.americasbestinnandsuites.com
50. Holiday Inn – Airport, approx. 27 miles, $85.00/night, 205-591-6900, www.holidayinn.com
To Help Spread March 19-23, 2011, please see below what you can do to help spread the Good News of Our Lady's Coming to Alabama
Please be advised of the guidelines to visit Caritas.
1. No Immodest Dress 5. No Cameras
2. No Cell Phones 6. No Smoking
3. No Video Cameras 7. No Lounge Chairs/Other Chairs
4. No Gum Chewing 8. No Pets
Guidelines to be Allowed on the Grounds.
♥ The following modesty rules will be strictly adhered to on the Caritas grounds, including parking areas. All violators will be turned away. No sleeveless or low cut dresses. No sleeveless or low cut shirts, blouses, or sweaters. Dresses and skirts must be below the knee. Only knee-length shorts will be allowed for both men and women. Capris may be worn. No gym shorts or other short clothing. No mid-drifts or clothing that exposes the back or stomach. No see-through clothing or clothing that has inappropriate writing or pictures on it. Casual dress, jeans, etc., is OK. We are speaking about modest dress. Please remember that you will not be going to the beach or out sunning. Dress appropriately for the day in preparation to go before the Holy Event of Our Lady’s apparition and other prayer times. Please save yourself the embarrassment of being turned away from the grounds of Caritas because of dress. It is important to inform all, so that no one will have to miss the apparitions. We do not want anyone to miss Our Lady’s apparitions to Marija, so repeatedly inform others and help make sure all are informed of this.
♥ No video cameras; no cameras, and absolutely no cell phone cameras are allowed. Violations will result in confiscation. You are on the grounds by invitation. Please remember, do not violate other pilgrims and the spirit of what is happening here. This is a serious violation of the spirit and reverence of the event and the grounds here. As a one day exception, and not for the apparition, photos, not videos, and not cell phone cameras, will be allowed on Sunday, March 20, on the grounds. However, no cameras will be allowed at the time of the apparition even on this one day exception. Please remember this is allowed for your own personal mementos of the pilgrimage. Be discreet and respectful to others, when taking pictures, so as not to disrupt prayers.
♥ No lounge chairs, three-legged portable chairs, or similar chairs allowed in the Field. If one must sit, wheelchairs or electric motor chairs are to be used. It is your responsibility to make provisions for wheelchairs. This is a five-day offering of sacrifice, self-denial, and spiritual growth for your soul, not your flesh. As many have testified from their past experiences of the apparitions, the Bedroom, Field, Grotto, and other sites at Caritas, they relay that they were some of the most spiritual, moving, holiest moments they have ever experienced. Cameras, cell phones, etc., are all a distraction which inhibits the grace; the convenience of lounge chairs, etc., blocks sacrifices, which results in a loss of grace one could have received. Prayer is spontaneous and often throughout the day. Gum chewing is extremely irreverent during prayer or in the midst of others who are praying. Gum chewing is not allowed on the grounds. If you see someone doing it, please inform them to stop.
♥ Our Lady answers any objections to these rules, to be allowed on the Caritas grounds, by appearing on a rock strewn mountain in Medjugorje which is difficult to walk up, much less sit down comfortably once you are at the apparition site. For a peace-filled five days, please be reminded that Caritas has these guidelines for your benefit. The world may allow these things, but you are entering a world and a life, here at Caritas, created by Our Lady and Her messages.
♥ Parking - Anyone parking on the road must be off the white line or police will tow away your car. For safety of pedestrians, there is no parking on the road in front of the Field.
♥ Priests - Invite your parish priest. There will be a need to hear Confessions in the Field throughout the event. If you are a priest, we make a special invitation for you to come. The event promises a great grace for priests who come and hear Confessions. Priests experience conversion just as you will.
♥ Home Schoolers - Notify all home schooling friends, we will open our school during the days of March 19 through March 23. This school, Our Lady of Victory’s School, is a community effort, evolved from home schooling, that has inspired other home schoolers with many ideas based on Our Lady’s messages. It is always one of the highlights for those who visit here to see Our Lady of Victory’s ‘One Room’ Schoolhouse. Already other schools have been inspired by it. Walkthroughs will be scheduled throughout the 5 days.
♥ Evangelize the Apparitions - This material you are reading can be spread by you to promote Our Lady’s coming. Spread it to your family, friends, parish, etc. Click Here to order FREE. Just help us with shipping and handling costs. Get your church directory and mail to everyone.
♥ For the Elderly - In the past, some elderly have paid the way for a friend to accompany and help them. It is a good way to come, and a good way to evangelize the one who is accompanying you, for Our Lady to convert them. “So be wise as serpents and innocent as doves,” (Matthew 10:16) to convert one who comes to help accompany you.
♥ Prayer Groups - Ivan once said that satan hates prayer groups. Come with your whole prayer group to be with Our Lady. With your group being in Our Lady’s presence, She not only will bless you during the apparitions, but strengthen your group as well. It is Her desire to foster your prayer group. Our Lady said on September 25, 2000: “…Renew prayer in your families and form prayer groups. In this way, you will experience joy in prayer and togetherness…” Rent a van, bus, or meet up separately, whatever is necessary to answer Her call.
♥ Free primitive camping in a tent or self-contained camper is available for all who wish to come or who cannot afford to stay in a hotel. Primitive camping is no electricity or water. Portolets will be available. Free firewood is also available, but bring your own grill. Caritas camping and parking is TV free, radio free, cell phone free, smoking free, and alcohol free. Violators will be asked to leave immediately. Some campgrounds and service stations are available for showers and septic dumping call 205-672-2000 ext 382 for locations and phone numbers along with other primitive camping information.
♥ The Gift Shop will be fully stocked with beautiful items to have blessed by Our Lady. the Gift Shop will be closed Sunday, March 20.
♥ Making Reservations - Many hotels can book up early, so we recommend that you make reservations now. Listed on mej.com are select hotels in which most are offering discounts for those coming in March. We are expecting that many hotels will book up, so it is necessary to make reservations as soon as possible to assure your rooms. Please state this is for the BVM/Caritas group for Our Lady’s Apparitions of March 19-23, 2011 when making reservations. We encourage you to come all five days to spend time in prayer in preparation for each day’s apparition. Our Lady’s apparitions are a source of great graces for those who gather. By being on the site for March 19 and staying through March 24th, your experience will be greatly heightened. Even if circumstances at this moment do not seem possible for you to come - remember, prayer brings about miracles. So book your plans and pray, pray, pray, and Our Lady will work out the details. Whether it be lack of funds, job, family, etc., surrender to God the problem and give to Our Lady your desires. Pray short, ardent prayers and do novenas to be here. She will take it from there, trust Her. Call Caritas at 205-672-2000 ext. 330, twenty-four hours for more information. This information will not be available until Wednesday, December 22.
See Map Below or Click to visit this page to find directions